The Breather, Australia
Breathing becomes more difficult with chronic respiratory diseases like COPD, asthma, dysphagia, heart disease, hypertension and neuromuscular diseases.
The Breather offers a way to boost the effectiveness of the muscles that support breathing, with an evidence-based, drug-free device that allows the user to improve respiratory muscle weakness, dyspnea, speech and swallow performance, and overall quality of life.
48 in stock (can be backordered)
If a model, designed in the 80’s that has sold almost a million units, imagine the impact this new and improved version, designed by therapists, for therapists, will have on the respiratory muscle strength training (RMST) industry.
Enter The Breather.
It’s the first drug-free RMST device that activates and strengthens both inspiratory and expiratory muscles and evidence-based research supports its use in a number of conditions like:
- Congestive heart failure
- Parkinsons Disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Vocal fold pathologies
- Ventilator/tracheostomy weaning
- Spinal cord injury
- Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
That’s not all. Athletes, singers, musicians and speech pathology patients benefit from its use.
Benefits to using the Breather
Because the Breather trains both inspiratory (diaphragm, external intercostals, accessory muscles of neck) and expiratory muscles (internal intercostals, abdominals) independently, the benefits on overall health and quality of life are far-reaching. These incredible benefits include:
- Promoting diaphragmatic breathing, which reduces shallow/superficial breathing
- Generating improved airflow through the vocal folds and improving voice function
- Decreasing shortness of breath
- Improving athletic performance, fitness and endurance by enhancing blood flow to resting and exercising limbs
- Helping in the movement of the swallowing muscles, thus supporting safe swallow function
- Protecting the airway and encouraging clearance by improving the cough function
Breathing against resistance during RMST, activates and strengthens respiratory muscles and improves health and overall quality of life by promoting exercise and general activity tolerance.
With this new device, expect to have access to features like:
- Adjustable and independent inspiratory and expiratory pressure settings
- Large, easy to read dial settings
- Mouthpiece engineered to provide a superior mouth seal
- Ergonomic body shape for easy hand grip
- Lightweight, portable, and easy to use design
- Free self-paced video protocol training for therapist, patient, and consumer
All this and more; just by breathing… contact Nikki Martin at The Breather Australia
Nikki Martin (Speech Pathologist) is the Australian and New Zealand Distributor of The Breather and The Breather Fit.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact her.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +61 410 777 034.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.